Philadelphia Criminal Defense Attorney
Lawrence S. Krasner (Larry) was born in St. Louis, MO in 1961, the son of an author father and minister mother. He attended public schools in St. Louis and the Philadelphia area. He attended the University of Chicago '83 (B.A. Spanish) and Stanford Law School '87 (J.D.), where he applied to and was selected to the Law Review and focused on trial lawyering skills.
Call (215) 437-0449 today to get in touch with Philadelphia criminal defense attorney Lawrence Krasner.
Attorney Krasner's achievements have been awarded and recognized by many reputable peers. As an extensively experienced legal professional, he is frequently consulted by the media. When you put his track record of success in your corner, you can be confident that you have made the right choice
Experience in the Legal Field
After multiple offers of employment in prosecutors' and public defenders' offices throughout the country, he worked as a public defender in Philadelphia (which was considered the best defender office in the country at that time) from '87 - '91 and was then promoted to the Federal Public Defender's Office in Philadelphia ('91- '93).
In 1993 Krasner started his own private practice, specializing in criminal defense and police brutality matters. Krasner has remained in private practice ever since. During that time, Krasner has tried thousands of jury trials and bench trials in criminal and civil court in the Philadelphia area as well as other counties and states.
Attorney Krasner's Approach
His unrelenting preparation and unmatched trial skills have resulted in countless acquittals and defense motions granted in criminal matters as well as a number of verdicts and settlements as counsel or co-counsel in excess of $1.0 million in civil matters.
None of his clients have ever been sentenced to death, despite 25 years of handling the most serious matters in state and federal court.
His achievements have been recognized by his peers in various ways, including recognition and awards for his defense of protesters and others exercising their free speech rights who were charged with crimes. Krasner also has a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of "AV Preeminent", which is the "Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards", for at least the last ten consecutive years.
Krasner was also selected in 2012 to an elite group of only 12 attorneys considered qualified to handle death penalty homicides for the court system in Philadelphia.
In the News
Krasner has been extensively covered in the press and other media for his high-publicity cases, and is frequently consulted by the media as a legal expert. He is a staunch opponent of the death penalty, of excessive incarceration, of efforts to limit personal injury plaintiffs' access to proper compensation, of the suppression of free speech and of every other trick that bullies in the courthouse and the statehouse have invented to keep down the underdog. As a child, his favorite television cartoon was Underdog.
Several of his cases have received substantial coverage in the press:
- CONVENTION DEMONSTRATORS ARE HELD ON VERY HIGH BAIL
- August 2000 | The New York Times
- GOP CONVENTION PROTESTERS HIT CITY WITH ANOTHER LAWSUIT
- August 2001 | First Amendment Center
- LAWYER: PA. TRIPLE SLAYING DEFENDANT SCHIZOPHRENIC
- February 2012 | The Sentinel
- JUDGE ORDERS PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA POLICE TO DISCLOSE IDENTITY OF UNDERCOVER OFFICERS WHO ATTENDED KKK RALLY THAT NEVER HAPPENED
- December 2008 | Philly.com
- IDENTITY THIEF EDWARD ANDERTON IS SENTENCED
- November 2008 | Finding Dulcinea
- ROUGH JUSTICE
- January 2001 | The Boston Phoenix
- POLICE: RUCKUS LEADER DIRECTED PROPERTY DAMAGE
- August 2000 | The Berkeley Daily Planet
- GOP CONVENTION PROTESTERS TAKE PHILADELPHIA OFFICIALS TO COURT
- July 2001 | Freedom Forum
- JUDGE UPHOLDS RULING IN LOVE PARK 4 CASE
- December 2009 | Philadelphia Daily News
- 12 ACQUITTED IN PHILA. GUN-SHOP SHOWDOWN HEEDING GOD'S CALL ACTIVISTS HAD STAGED A PROTEST WHEN THE OWNER REFUSED TO SIGN THEIR CODE OF CONDUCT
- May 2009 | Philadelphia Inquirer
- OCCUPY PHILLY SAYS THE ANTI-BIG-BANK REVOLUTION IS COMING
- OCTOBER 2011 | Philadelphia Weekly
- 10 PROTESTERS WON'T BE OCCUPYING JAIL CELLS
- February 2012 | Philly.com
- TRIAL FOR 2 ORDERED IN PA. ROBBERY-TRIPLE SLAYING
- April 2012 | The Express
- CHAIREZ OPTS FOR CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE CASE TO GO TO TRIAL
- April 2012 | The Daily Pennsylvanian
- JUDGE ACQUITS PROTESTERS ARRESTED AFTER OCCUPY PHILLY EVICTION
- April 2012 | First Amendment Center
- OLD CITY MURDER SUSPECTS AWAIT HEARING
- April 2012 | Northeast Times
- WRONG NUMBER: The case against Kate Sorensen rested on her use of a cell phone. The jury mostly heard static.
- March 2001 | Philadelphia City Paper
- OCCUPY PHILLY PROTESTERS ACQUITTED ON ALL COUNTS
- April 2012 | New England Cable News
- MAN HELD IN MURDER OF BARBER
- May 2012 | The Delaware County Daily Times